Games are integral to the SIGGRAPH Conference, and Games Focus spotlights the creators, visionaries, and pioneers of the game industry. Games Focus is the culmination of the synergistic connections among all SIGGRAPH programs and will help create a network of game professionals, attendee-specific tracks, and invaluable industry-specific information.
SIGGRAPH and the Gaming Industry need you!
Throughout the world, SIGGRAPH is well known as the premier graphics conference, and nothing says creative computer graphics more than games!
We are looking for submissions from all game developers who are interested in sharing what they have developed and learning from other industry professionals.
- Whether you're part of a massive studio developing big-budget console titles or a one-person app-making machine,
- Whether you're most comfortable with shading equations or a graphics tablet.
- Whether you're a grizzled industry veteran or fresh out of school.
SIGGRAPH 2013 is YOUR chance to show off your chops to the world's top creative and technical CG talents. In August, your fellow pixel-mongers will converge on the Anaheim Convention Center (across from the happiest place on earth) from game studios, VFX shops, CG animation houses, and research institutions around the globe to talk about the latest feats of graphics wizardry and art. Don't be left out. There are many opportunities to participate!
- If your game includes a cinematic or gameplay sequence with kick-ass visuals, present it at Real-Time Live! or screen it at the Computer Animation Festival!
- If you poured your heart and soul into a truly excellent game model, animation, effect, level, etc., claim bragging rights at Dailies!
- If you came up with a cool new production technique, game tool, or graphics method, present a Talk and explain what makes it tick!
- If you're an expert in a particular area, or leading the way in an important new trend, present a Course and teach the rest of the industry about it!
- Other options include expressing your convictions on the best way to make games in a Panel, presenting a Technical Paper about a groundbreaking technique or system, describing some promising work in progress in a Poster, having people make content for your game in the Studio, and demonstrating a new game-production tool or control system in Emerging Technologies.
- Mobile, mobile, mobile! This space, especially for the gaming industry, is explosive and exciting. As consumer demands increase, mobile has been the one area with the most research, breakthroughs, and technical achievements for the computer graphics community. If you have developed for the mobile space and feel that your knowledge would be valuable to SIGGRAPH 2013 attendees, please share your work.
- If you're still not sure what to submit or which program to send it to, this list of game-related presentations at SIGGRAPH 2012 can be a good reference. For SIGGRAPH 2013, we are increasing our focus on game-industry content, especially material relating to mobile or indie development. So start typing up those submissions and spread the word!
We all have our own unique techniques and development pipelines, which when shared, allow the whole community to grow and become more productive and creative. In the game industry, the more productive we are, the more chances we have to embrace our true passion: to be creative!
Please share your best work so SIGGRAPH 2013 can present the BEST the games industry has to offer.